Looking for a holiday side dish? Look no further. This easy dish will be a winner at any Thanksgiving or Christmas table.
You may be new to using radicchio or maybe you have never used it. Radicchio is a member of the chicory family and has a sharp, bitter flavor if eaten raw. The cooking removes some of the bitterness and brings out some of the natural sweetness. It pairs great with the sweetness of the tomato. This is a great substitute for more high carb side dishes that normally accompany Thanksgiving.
Roasted Tomato and Radicchio
- 2 lbs Roma, plum, or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp shallots minced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 2 medium heads radicchio rinsed, dried, and quartered
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place tomatoes and radicchio wedges on a baking sheet. If the tomatoes are cherry, leave whole. If they are Roma or plum, cut in half and place them cut side up.
- Drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast, turning once for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Just before serving, drizzle with balsamic and sprinkle with parmesan.