When I need a quick and easy weeknight dinner that works for the whole family, I go with this Oven Roasted Sausage and Vegetables recipe. The blend of the juicy Italian sausage and crisp roasted potato is a classic combination that will make any weeknight dinner special.
As a bonus, this all-in-one-pan meal will be done in under an hour!
This is for Phase 4 only. Make sure you eat more sausage than potatoes.
Oven Roasted Sausage and Vegetables
- 1 package sausage sliced into 1/2" thick rounds
- 2-3 large carrots slicedinto 1/2" thick rounds
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
- 2 lbs red potato cut into 1/2" chunks
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil do not substitute any other type of oil
- 2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optinal
- 1 green or red bell pepper cut into 1/2" chunks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add sausage, veggies, and garlic to a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- With your hands, toss mixture together until evenly distributed in a single layer. Use two sheets if you need to. This will ensure that they roast and not steam.
- Bake until veggies and potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes. You will want to shuffle every 15 minutes to make sure they are evenly browned. Serve hot.
Feel free to switch out the sausage for your favorite protein or a different type of sausage. If you want to go meatless you can use tofu. Make sure you let the tofu stand 20 to 30 minutes to extract excess liquid. Pour off liquid and cut tofu into 1/2 -inch-thick slices. You should wait until after the first shuffle to add the tofu so it only cooks for 30 minutes.