These cranberry apple pork chops are a snap to cook using canned jellied cranberry sauce and apple juice. Pork traditionally pairs well with fruits, and the combination of the tartness of the cranberry and the sweetness of the apple juice make this easy weeknight dinner a staple in our family.
This is for Phase 4 only.
Cranberry Apple Pork Chops
- 4 Pork Chops 1 inch thick
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups Apple Juice
- 1 16 oz can Cranberry sauce jellied
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- Mix the cranberry juice onion and brown sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper.
- Brown in butter on medium-high heat for about four minutes, turning once.
- Drain the fat.
- Pour one cup of apple juice over the pork chops.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Simmer 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove pork chops to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Mix remaining apple juice with cornstarch until there are no lumps.
- Add cranberry sauce mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the skillet and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Stir until thick and bubbly.
- Add the pork chops back to the sauce and turn off the heat.